LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

26 November 2010

Digiperm by Mr. Shin @ the Beauty Brick Salon

I am a skeptic by nature when it comes to changing something about the way you look. I have thought about getting a digiperm for almost a year now. Most people would tell me I'd rather have my hair rebonded or relaxed because it suits me better. Ive had those treatments done before and it's time I try something different! Hell life's too short to be to cautious on some things so I went a lil adventerous and finally got into the digiperm groove.

I've had it originally scheduled about a week ago but then called it off a day before because I had to attend to a family celebration thingy. At this point I was thinking "could this be a sign not to get my hair all curled up?" But being such a hard-headed woman I had my digiperm re-scheduled the following week which lands on a Friday and it's also my daughter's 2nd month-a-birthday. My appointment is at 12nn and screw the traffic the Metro has I arrived an hour late which I hope Mr. Shin wouldn't take it too personally. Japanese people have a thing for perfection and being on time. That's the main reason their rail transits get there on time and nobody is ever late. Sorry for the Pinoy Time Mr. Shin! Promise not to do it again.

Moving on, as I entered the place everyone greeted me. The place is cozy and hip at the same time. Think of a modern minimalist salon and it's just oozing with art everywhere! I LOVE IT!

Mr. Shin was at the counter looking over some stuff and I really bad that I came in an hour late. Mr. Shin sure loookkksss good! lol. I'm sure you'll have a crush on him! Teehee!
My hair was about past the boob length. I've had layered hair since HS so it's always that way no matter what. lol.

Prices varies depending on Mr. Shin's assessment

Here's the breakdown of mine:
Digiperm: 3,300
Hair Color: 2,800
Less 10% (he gave me a discount)
Total: 5,400



Front view
What it looks on the side

And the back



I was expecting spending more than 5,400 because having known my hair for a long time, it has always been damaged and I assumed that Mr. Shin will give me stracurl/straperm treatment instead of the plain digiperm. I was really surpised when he told me that my hair was healthy and I could get the hair color and digiperm that same day! Most customers come back two weeks after their digiperm to get the hair color done. I guess I have to give the credits to my organic shampoo and conditioner. Two weeks prior to getting a perm, I've been using Human Nature's Moisturizing line and it helped a lot in preparing my hair for the treatment.

For those of you who's curious what Mr. Shin looks like, lemme give you the image of the digiperm expert:





If YOU want more stuff on Digital Perm click on the links below:

Digiperm: How they do it @ Beauty Brick

Digiperm: The Aftercare Guide

Beauty Brick Salon: How to get there

Digiperm: More pics for your viewing pleasure



XOXO,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. wow this is such an informative post! i've been wanting to have my hair digipermed too.. mybe i'll have it before the year ends.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mitchell! thanks for dropping by. I'm glad it helped you in some way. =) I assure you getting curls will be the best day of you life! lol. ive had straight hair my whole life and this experience is a blast especially how the people treat you at beauty brick =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :-) Can you post a picture of your hair before you had it permed? Would just want to see how long it was, to assess how my digi perm would cost! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there wishfulthinkerrr sad to say i dont have a clear image of how my hair looks like before i got it permed. i opened your profile though and the hair length that you have in your picture is the same length i had before getting the perm. =)

    ReplyDelete