LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

26 November 2010

Digiperm: The After care Guide

Two weeks prior to my digiperm session with Mr. Shin I have been using organic Shampoo and Conditioner from Human Nature. The Moisturizing line to be specific. It helped me get a healthier hair believe it or not. I have damaged hair my whole life. I have been to some class A and B salons and always get the remarks of having a dry, frizzy and damaged hair. This is the first time someone actually praised my hair for being HEALTHY! It also CUTS DOWN the cost of digiperm to more than a thousand pesos and that thousand peso could buy you some good hair maintenance products like wax, shampoo and conditioner.
Digiperm could cost you around 3,300-3,500 at the Beauty Brick Salon
If you have damaged hair and its frizzy as hell Mr. Shin will suggest that you get a staperm/stracurl so you can achieve that look you want. The cost? 4,300 and up. Besides, if you want to have you hair colored and avail the 10% discount that applies to regular customers and customers who avail more than one treatment like me then you should start off with a healthy hair.
3,300 (digiperm)
2,800 (hair color)
less 10% (He gave me a discount)
I spent 5,400 in total.

The shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is 109.75 for 200ml and the conditioner is 269.75 for a 500ml. I bought a smaller shampoo because a lil goes a long way with the Human Nature shampoo it's true and it's even printed on the bottle.




Mr. Shin has three waxes at his salon.

Freeze (Blue tub) - Used for styling short hair. Men's hair to be exact.
Hard (Yellow tub) - Used for digipermed hair
Shine (Green tub) - Used for digipermed hair with the shine factor but holds a lil less than the yellow one

This tub will cost you 500 pesos. Can last up to several months so don't shy away that 500 bux because it's worth the money

As told by Mr. Shin you mix this shine serum with the hard wax so you get the shiny healthy bouncy hair look. So you don't need to buy the green tub and get confused whether you should get the yellow one or the green one.


Remember These Guidelines:

* Take a good long bath before heading to the salon. You won't be able to wet your hair for 24-48 hours. In my case I am told to stay away from wetting my hair for 24 hours and the following day which happens to be the 2nd day its a big no for shampooing. Conditioner will do. To make it crystal clear, I had my hair done on a Friday. I didn't wet my hair on a Saturday. By Sunday, I am allowed to wash my hair but only with a conditioner. When Monday comes I can do my regular washing hair routine.
* Invest on your maintenance product it doesn't have to be expensive. Find one that works for you. These products work for me. If these products work for me it doesn't mean it will work for you. But there's no harm giving it a try.
* Towel dry your hair and make scrunching a habit.
* If you're using wax make SURE that your hair is 100% DRY before applying the wax. Applying the wax on a hair that's not totally dry will result in ruining your digiperm. I USE WAX MIXED WITH HAIR SERUM that suppose to make your hair shiny and still hold the curls in place.

* If you opted mousse for styling your hair you can apply the mouse at about when the hair is 80-90% dry.

* Believe it or not you can comb your hair. Only to a CERTAIN POINT. What I do is: Comb my hair from the scalp halfway down right before where my curls are and finger comb the rest of the curls. You only do this when your hair is WET.

* You really don't need to get expensive treatments like Hair spa and stuff. These are optional well unless the stylist told you so.

* I find this style looking like a high maintenance but the truth is it's not. Combing is even optional so you can throw you brushes off from your purses ladies!
* When you towel dry your hair you don't need to rub it like you used to when we all had straight hair. CURLS are different! You just squeeze them gently to get the water out and so you don't ruin your curls.
* Don't be shy asking your stylist over and over the same questions until everything is oh so clear to you. It's their job to teach you how to maintain your crown of glory.
-----With great effort of maintaining you hair with the products mentioned you should have those curls last from 6 months to a year! I am open for additional tips and tricks so feel free to comment.

If YOU want more stuff on Digital Perm click on the links below:




Digiperm: More pics for your viewing pleasure

XOXO,
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. hi sis!

    i also have digi-permed hair. and because of your blog, i decided to purchase the monoi hard wax just like yours. the only problem that i encountered is that my hair gets sticky after about an hour. afterwhich, hindi na siya mukhang healthy at walang shine. i make sure naman na my hair is totally dry upon applying the two products. any advise on how to properly apply this wax and serum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i buy the human nature shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same question. Where did you buy your Human Heart Nature shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also getting digi perm for (damaged) hair later this afternoon! Thanks for the tips! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    What if i dont have the time for hair to totally dry out? Is it advisable to exit the house already without having applied any product (wax + oil i got from beautybrick)?

    Also how do you deal with frizz instantly? Is there like an oil product for it?

    ReplyDelete